Sunday, June 30, 2013

C25K Challenge! Week 3... COMPLETE.

   So 3 weeks ago today I started the Couch to 5K challenge. When it was week 1 and I was alternating from 60 seconds of jogging to 90 seconds of walking, I was looking at week 3, which is jog 90 seconds walk 90 seconds jog 3 minutes walk 3 minutes and it scared me! I was thinking I wouldn't be able to run for 3 straight minutes! But here I am. Just finished week 3. I feel like a champion. I was unsure if I was going to be able to stick with this, but I actually find myself wanting to run every day. I even got new shoes! You can read about those in my previous blog post.
   I'm not going to lie, I am nervous about my next run. It's the start of week 4 and it looks a little scary. Jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes, jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes. Even at the end of week 3, I still find running 3 minutes a challenge. I can do it, but it isn't easy. So this 5 minute jog?! It will be interesting.
   I really want to sign up for a race to have a little bit more motivation, but races can actually be really expensive. So right now my motivation is my cardiology appointment. Usually they have me do a stress test. Now for those of you who don't know, a stress test is when they attach some head gear to you that includes a breathing tube that is extremely uncomfortable. They also hook you up to some wires to keep track of your vitals. Blood preassure, finger thing, heart, lungs, the works. Then they set you on a treadmill and start you off walking and after about 9 minutes you are on a killer incline going really really fast. It is no fun. I intend on running longer though. Usually when I do a stress test I have been doing no physical activity. Now I am running... so I should be able to do a lot better this time, right?
   Only 5 more weeks till I should be able to run a 5K according to this program. I have no idea if this is true, but I would like to think so. The thing that discourages me so much is my weight. I lost 5 pounds, but then I went back to my starting weight. I know this is probably muscle, but when I took my measurements again, there is no change. So I am exactly the same... I just don't understand what I am doing wrong. I started drinking water, eating healthy, low carb and low cal, and I'm running now. I mean, I should at least lose some weight. The whole reason I started doing this was because I didn't want to be obese anymore. A lot of people look at me and say there is no way I'm obese, but according to the BMI chart in the Dr. office, I am obese.
   I just think it kind of sucks to work so hard for 3 weeks and not have ANY results. I know it's a slow process, but a pound or two wouldn't be missed...

1 comment:

  1. Doctor's over exaggerate everything and women have a hard time getting results fast so don't sweat it so soon....loooove you just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete