Sunday, June 30, 2013

What A Busy Week It Has Been

   Monday: I had to work from 7:30-2:30. The shift was very enjoyable. There were only 8 schoolagers and they were all pretty good. I got out so early that I didn't know what to do with myself! So I pretty much had a very lazy day. I sat on my ass and watched TV and was on my laptop. Woo.
   Tuesday: First I woke up at my lovely 9 am time. Had a quick bite, threw on my running clothes and stretched it out. I always forget to stretch before and after. I don't know why I don't do it. I know it's important and all but I just kind of forget I guess. After my run I stretched again and drank a beautiful protein shake. And a shower. Then I went to KCC and took the COMPASS test. I seriously thought it was going to take me an hour but it only took 17 minutes. I was in the math class I thought I would be in. I am pretty bad at math so I am taking Algebra. Boo. After that it is all elementary math. Woo. After the test I went to work from 3-6. A nice short day but I would rather have long days. There was also a surprise staff meeting after work. I ended up driving Darci's car home. She is a blast to drive with! No joke. It is so much fun!
Wednesday: The day of my big adviser appointment. My grandma picked me up at 9 and my appointment at KCC started at 9:30. We talked about the transfer program and that's about it. She didn't really help me map out a 2 year plan. She also gave me classes that I ended up changing because I need weekends off. It's a good thing I'm so into planning because I mapped my 2 year plan on my own. I'm pretty much doing the MACRO but I selected classes that count as classes from EMU's education major. I think I'm being really smart about all this. After the appointment I had 24 hours to sign up for a payment plan. That cost $30 and so I put my college money in the bank. It is really going to be difficult doing all out of pocket since I got no financial aid, but I think I can do it! I just really need to focus on it.  Originally I had this day off but I don't like days off unless I need them. Unfortunately I need a lot (3) of days off in July so I am trying to work as much as I can. That will explain why I picked up the hours I did on Thursday and Friday. So today one of my coworkers let me have her hours. I worked an enjoyable 1-6 in the baby room. Wednesday night I got an IM from a coworker asking if I can come in for her because something came up. This was also the first night of BIG BROTHER!!!! WOOHOO!!
Thursday: So this morning I went in at 8am into the baby room. It was kind of hectic at first because the other baby room teacher called in. So I was in there not really knowing their schedules all that well. Different teachers kept coming in to help. Finally at 9:30 a teacher who knew the babies pretty well came in. I was moved down to the 3 year old room so their main teacher could do lunches. After that I clocked out for an hour because I was only scheduled 8-12 and 1-6. My grandma brought me a vi-shake and it was delish! Then at 1 I clocked in and was in my usual schoolager room. I was also asked if I could do the same thing tomorrow. Because I was going in early there was no way I could run! So I did a night run and it went pretty well. Burned off the pizza I ate for sure.
Friday: So again I went in at 8 and pretty much the same thing happened except the other lead teacher was in the baby room and I only clocked out for 15 minutes. I started at noon in the schoolager room. I really like getting to know my coworkers. Especially ones that I thought didn't like me. Haha so the lead teacher in schoolager lives around me. And she asked if I wanted to go garage saling with her but those plans fell out. Friday was a pretty relaxing day.
Saturday: Mom and Leo had a surprise for me. They wanted to buy me running shoes. Leo said it was a reward for #1 not being a bitch about what happened at NMU when I should have been. And I promise I am on the inside, but I dont want to ruin my relationship with my mother, so I hold it in. #2 for working so hard and not just blowing my money. And #3 for being so mature. So mom and I drove to Gazelle's in Kalamazoo to get my feet looked at and get nice shoes. After trying on 15 pairs of shoes I was between a $120 pair that weren't that cute but felt so amazing when I ran and a $75 pair that were cute Nike's and felt okay. If I were buying I would have gotten the $120, but this was a gift so I went with the cute Nike pair. When I got home mom and I watched some TV and Leo made delicious chicken kabobs. About an hour later I had to try out these shoes!! So I got all ready and finished week 3 of C25K challenge. I'm going to post about that later. Then when I got back, while I was stretching and drinking my protein shake mom and I found that new show, WhoDunnIt and we are hooked! It's on again Sunday but we can't watch it till Monday. No biggie.
Well. That's my week for you. Today is full of nothing. Wooooooo. But next week is another exciting week! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment