Tuesday, June 18, 2013

KCC Orientation!

   9:00 am Room 206. I sat there nervous as hell. I mean, it's the beginning of my life! Well, not totally. That was 19 years ago. But it is the start to my future career. So there is a purple packet in front of me and I went through all of it. It contained the basic stuff: financial aid info, school map, course catalog, student life info, a free T-shirt, etc. I read through it because I was accidentally 25 minutes early and there was a total of 4 people in the room. When it started we got a really quick talk then went on a tour. I had only been to KCC one time before and that was to take the ACT. It was nice to actually SEE the campus. It's really nice! Everything is so close together and there is no giant hill that I have to climb.

   So after the tour there was a 2 hour lecture then get any questions answered by advisers. I turned in a financial aid paper, signed up for an appointment with an adviser, decided to take the COMPASS test on Thursday at 10, and got really pumped! There was no reason to be nervous. Just like LB said.

   I still have some things to do before I am officially of Bruin status. I need to take that test, turn in my ACT scores, go to my appointment, register from classes, and pick a payment plan. Then that's that. I'm a KCC Bruin.

   For those of you who don't know, I really want to be a teacher. An elementary teacher! What I'm trying to decide is whether or not I want to do the 2 year program or the 2 1/2 year program (5 or 4 classes a semester) just because the ECE classes are all 3+ hours long each. It is very hard for me to focus on the same thing for that long. I learned that from my 3 1/2 hour sociology class. But LB thinks the only reason I couldn't stand that class was because it was an "experimental class" where they put 4 professors (with very different views on subjects) in the class to teach us. It was just so confusing. So yeah, maybe. But this is 4 3 hour classes. Crazy. We shall see. I am not going to make any decisions until I talk to my adviser.

   So excited that life is happening.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be the best elementary school teacher...I just know it. You will squeeze as much smarts into their little brains as you can :)

    ReplyDelete