Sunday, June 16, 2013

Week One Of Running: Complete

   What. A. Difference. Day one I was out of breath and sweating and tired after 5 minutes. Now I can get through my current running plan with little to no problem. I was amazed this morning when I got home. Today was my last day of 60 seconds of running to 90 seconds of walking. Tomorrow I am going to start 90 seconds of running to 2 minutes of walking. I was nervous about this switch earlier this week, but I really feel like I'm ready. I am just so excited.

   Today I ran in a new spot. Before I ran up and down Urbandale Ave. which is a 45 second walk from my house. But, 15 minutes away sits Urbandale Linear Park. So this morning I walked there. I wish it was a little closer because I noticed myself getting a little tiny bit tired because I was power walking my way there. Also the walk back I was pretty tired and just wanted to be home, but since it is 15 minutes away, my cool down was an extra 10 minutes. It was a beautiful spot though. Right along the river. It did stink, but I saw a crane eat a fish.

   Yesterday I also got some ACTUAL running clothes. No cotton fabric. I got two pairs of capris, a pair of shorts, a shirt, and two tank tops. I also got some running socks. Next is shoes but I have to wait for my next pay check. I spent $100 on dinner for my family and running clothes yesterday. I will probably go to Dunhams unless my mom and/or grandma wants to go out to K-Zoo to the actual running store. I already sort of know what I'm looking for in a shoe, so it shouldn't take that long to get. It's just I need to save up more money.

   CJ texted me today about wanting to start getting fit too! So we are going to start holding each other accountable and whatnot. Maybe eventually we can do a race together! I really want to do a color run and a zombie run someday. Maybe next year. I am currently training for a 5K so if in the middle of August I can do it, like my program says I can, I will be ready for racing.

   In a week I have lost 2 pounds! I know you probably don't think this is a big deal, but it is for me. I started at 175. Yes. A whole 175. My goal weight it 140. When I want that? Well as soon as possible! When am I going to get it? Probably a year or more. But guess what! I don't care. I am going to stick with this. I am ready to go... and go... and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment