Monday, July 14, 2014

Woah. There Is A Lot I Still Need To Accomplish.

So I was sitting here watching the Bachelorette and reading everything and anything I can about the recruitment process and the sororities at EMU and I realized oh shit. I have a lot that needs to be accomplished before I go to school in 6 weeks!
I don't really know if I can call this a blog post. I think it is really a to do list. Oh well.

1. I need to schedule an eye appointment and get new glasses. I know what you're thinking. Kennedy. That isn't hard. But I need to figure out what places take my insurance. Then I actually have to pick one. I feel like I ask my mom where I should go all the time, to the point where I am annoying. But I also don't feel like I have gotten an answer. Ah well. This needs to be done within the next 6 week.

2. I need to make a list with my roommate about what we both need to get for our room. I already have a lot of essentials (due to living in a dorm before) but I don't know when the best time to do this is. I feel like we should wait until we get our actual housing assignment. That way we know where we are living. Is it August yet??

3. After the list is made, I need to get whatever I don't have already.

4. I really need a new wardrobe. When I was going to Penn State, my step father said that they will budget $500 for me to get dorm/apartment/stuff for school. I'm no dummy. I will first use it for just that. But any left overs, it will be a shopping spree for new clothes. I haven't gone shopping for "back to school clothes" since junior year of high school. I still wear clothes from my FRESHMEN year of high school. I really think it is time for a change. I guess it is a little under $500. They bought me the most amazing blue plates.

5. I need to pack. Duh.

6. I need to make a final decision about where I will be working on campus. This is only if I get more offers, of course. I have an offer from dining services. I had an interview (today actually) with housing and residence life. I have an interview coming up for a tour guide position. I have submitted apps for the library, student center, an honors fellow, and a random day care. Ideally, I would love the honors student fellow position and the tour guide position.

7. I need to buy books. The price for my books this fall (so far) are fairly average. Nothing too crazy. But my language book is $200 alone! And it can only be bought from the bookstore. Damnit.

8. I should buy a statement necklace. I don't know why, but I feel like this is a very big deal.

9. I want to have a $0 balance on my credit card before I go to school. I actually want to leave my credit card at home while I am at school so I don't make poor choices.

10. After the summer semester is over, I need to send an updated transcript.

11. I need to make a list of all the shows I watch so I don't fall behind. ;)

12. I need to sign up for recruitment (August 1st)

13. I need to check the ebill (August 8th)

14. I need to do the whole UofM medical sign up thingy.

15. I should schedule a check up with my family doctor just to do it.

16. I need to stop obsessing over going Greek. Seriously.

6 weeks left. Oh my gosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment