Thursday, April 10, 2014

Where I'm At Right Now In Reguards to Schooling in the Fall...

I have 2-3 options.

Option One: Go to Western. I have applied. I haven't gotten anything back yet, though. They have my financial aid ready, but I can't see it till I get accepted. I missed the scholarship deadline so that stinks because according to my advisor at KCC, I would have gotten around $7,000 automatically. So I am really waiting to hear from them to make a final decision.

Option Two: Go to Eastern. I loved Eastern. To read more about my feels toward Eastern, read my previous blog post. I have been accepted and I have gotten my financial aid package. Again, I missed the scholarship deadline. The package was less than stellar.

Option Three: Stay at KCC. This has a lot of positives and two really huge negatives. If I stayed at KCC the classes are really cheap and they transfer. I can get a lot of general education out of the way. I would transfer in as a junior. I could apply to other universities earlier and get the scholarships and better financial aid. However, this would not be good for my sanity. I cannot be a 21 year old living in my folks house. I can't. I can't afford to move out and save for college AND pay my collections agency. That is one issue. The other is that I need to have friends again. I swear this lack of social life and friends has been destroying me internally. It is crazy how loneliness can get so dark.

So I am ready to apply to Eastern. I am ready to send in my housing app. I am just waiting on Western to get back to me. If Western has a better financial aid package waiting for me, which I doubt, I will go there. I can't stay at KCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment