Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rennovation! Remodel! Redecorating! Redoing!

   Recently I got this sudden drive to TOTALLY redo my room. From floor to ceiling, I have very big plans to make this 9x9 space feel much larger!
   First thing is first. I need to clean and sort everything. I have three different catagories right now. The "Keep" catagory. The "Sell" catagory. And the "Toss Out" catagory. So far I have totally cleared the book shelf and I have been working on my closet.
   After I am finished cleaning I will have a garage sale. The garage sale is taking place on July 20th 9am-4pm and July 21st 9am-3pm for those of you who are interested. I will be selling stuff like books, DVDs, book shelf, dresser, posters, clothes, blankets, ETC. It isn't just me. It's multi-family. All the money I make will be going towards my renovation. I am also bidding stuff off on facebook. This should help make a couple bucks and anything that doesn't sell, I can put in the garage sale! This is how I am mainly making money to buy ALL THE THINGS I am going to need. And trust me, I need a lot.
   First thing I am going to buy is the flooring. I have decided on a nice blue carpet. After flooring comes paint. I am having one yellow wall, which will be the wall my window is on, and three sophisticated grey walls. After paint comes a curtain rod and curtains. The curtains will be navy blue. Then bedding. I will go with navy bedding or grey and yellow bedding. Then a desk and chair. I kind of want a plain wooden chair so I can paint it yellow.
   I am not planning on putting that much of the stuff back on my walls. Just the Maroon 5 poster, the Walking Dead poster, and my world cities poster. I am also going to need storage space. I have seen some things in Bed Bath and Beyond that I am interested in.
   LB really wants to help design my room. I find this so adorable. It totally works too, because he is coming up the weekend after I get the flooring and painting and curtains done.
   Now some of you may be wondering why I am doing this. It's because I am going to KCC and living at home. Here, there is no place to study and do homework where I won't be bothered. So I am making my room essentially a dorm room that I don't have to share. Hell, it is already the size of one.
   I am really excited about this project and I can't wait to get started on the actual decorating/remodel/renovating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment