Sunday, May 18, 2014

And The Excitement Grows...

I'm sitting in the living room, a Bar Rescue marathon is playing in the background, I am looking at Michigan university websites (U of M, MSU, CMU, NMU, EMU, etc.) at their job openings. I am specifically looking at their advisor openings. Why am I doing this? Because the qualifications, both required and desired, are listed! I am learning now what I need to do to prepare for the future. I suggest everyone does the same. Go look for open positions in the field you want to go into and look at the requirements, both required and desired!

The other day I was poking around the Eastern website and found myself, again, on the honors page. Every time I look at it I want to do it more and more. I did something I hadn't done before and read the whole honors student handbook. I may be obsessing. What stopped me from applying before was just the laziness. I didn't want to write an essay and I thought I would have to take more classes, extending the length of my bachelor's studying. Luckily, that isn't the case and the essay prompt was not even an actual essay. I just had to talk about myself. How hard is that? So the essay is written. If anyone would like to be a proof reader, let me know! I will gladly send it to you. It's fairly short- about 800 words.  All I am looking for now are letters of recommendation, references, and I'm waiting for my transcript to fully update. I'd like to get the application, letters, and essay sent out to Eastern in two weeks. This is contingent on my transcript being updated and sent out within a week. 

So I'm excited to work as an advisor, I'm exited to be a member of the honors college. I'm excited to start my Eastern Michigan experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment