Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Erin Condren Life Planner

Well. It's here. It has arrived. I am in possession of it. I have purchased a brand new planner. I have selected a new brand. I have retired Lilly. I have hired a new secretary. And the winner is... Erin Condren Life Planner (ECLP). After opening it today, boy am I in love. If after reading this you are as in love with Erin as I am, feel free to use the link at the bottom to give yourself $10 off your first purchase!! Trust me, you will want it.

Last week I posted a review of my previous secretary, Lilly. So if you haven't read that, I would do it now. Here is the link for that: http://kennedysmith25.blogspot.com/2015/06/planner-series-part-1-review-of-my-year.html

Below is the video of me unboxing my planner! I was so excited to receive this beauty. And oh my gosh. THAT PACKAGING THO. It is so nice. I literally want my life to be packaged like Erin. P.S. it was so hard to open this up slow enough to take pictures of everything. I had to stop every two seconds! I just wanted to rip it open.


So what do you think? Probably not much right? Just that I was totally right about the packaging? Well now I will go into how I feel about it after an hour with this amazing work of planner art.

First of all, lets judge a book by its interchangeable cover. Yes. Interchangeable. If I get sick of the current cover I purchased, I can get a new one for just $10!!! I already have one in my cart ready to go. It may or may not be Sigma Kappa related. Anyways, the cover. They are totally customize-able, in addition to being interchangeable. I just added my name and the year. I also changed the colors... to maroon and lavender. Don't judge. I just need to rep Sigma Kappa everywhere I go. It is so durable! I am not worried about it falling off or getting damaged in the slightest. The coil holding it all together is also very big and very thick, but it isn't heavy at all! Woah. I need to chill. That is a lot just by outside appearances. What can I say, Erin is pretty!

Second of all, the layout! When I first looked at ECLP I was not impressed. This was a year ago. I was way too caught up in the beautiful Lilly prints. But now I feel like my taste in prints and covers is evolving. I was ready for the sleek style that is EC. Please note that there are also fun patterns with EC. They just aren't as... as... Lilly-esque. Anyways! The layout! I don't know how I got back on appearances... So. A year ago I didn't like them. This year I still looked at Lilly but this just caught my eye. I liked that I could really make it my own. After watching maybe 25 videos on youtube about the ECLP, from unboxings to reviews to rants, and reading probably 100 blog posts about them, I decided I needed my own Erin. So I went to the website to buy one... only to find out they launched 3 days from when I decided on buying it. So I set an alarm for June 9th at 9:00 AM (when they launched) so I could wake up, pick a color, and purchase my Erin. I'm still not talking about the layout... Jeesh. Okay. I'm just going to post a picture. Note: I know there are pictures in the video, but this is a close up and you don't really get time to see it in the video.


Here she is! So this is a vertical style layout! I don't know what I am going to do with it yet. I will probably do what the previous year planners had set up with the morning, day, night. But I know some people split it up work, school, social. Stuff like that. It really depends on how you need to use it. I love the "thankful thought" spot. I will try to write something I am thankful for at the beginning of each week and then try to emulate that thought the week. The lined section below that will be my week goals list. The lined sections below the days will be reserved for my homework. I have a to do list dry erase bookmark thing that I plan on using for... well... to do lists. I am not going to use dry erase marker though. I will probably get a sharpie and a pencil eraser stick. I hear on the EC hack blogs that those work really well. Each month is also a different color, which I love. That was one big draw for me with Lilly! So I am happy that has carried over to Erin.

Third of all, the company gives you a lot. The price for one of these secretaries is for sure on the higher end of planner costs. However, with everything that the company does, it is so worth it. I got my package two days before it was scheduled to arrive! There are a lot of freebies in the box. The planner is very heavy duty. They are built to last. I just love the company a lot. I am already for sure going to buy the 2016 - 2017 planner next year. Woah. Hold up. 2016 - 2017?! That's when I am graduating!! Oh my gosh! Sorry. Mind blown momentarily.

Finally. If you would like to purchase your own version of Erin, or even just check out the website to see all of the really cool customizations that are offered, here is the link to the $10 off for you from me! https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/kennedysmith0225

Please feel free to ask me any questions! I would love to hear what planners you are going with next year. If you have an ECLP how do you customize it? Do you want to see some more pics? Let me know! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment