Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Holy Education, Batman!

So I was entertaining the idea of going to MSU to get my teaching degree a few days ago. This "entertaining" turned into a huge idea. I went to an advising appointment and he said some things. This is how I interpreted it: So you're buying a pair of jeans. Both do the same thing, cover your legs. The only thing is, one pair is designer while the other is not. So it's an additional thousands of dollars. This really put it in perspective for me. Either way, you're going to get the same job that pays the same amount. Why not do it the financial responsible way? Also MSU only transfers a few classes while GVSU transfers a whole bunch.

So I decided on GVSU. I also actually looked at the classes required to get my teaching degree. Basically, I can ALMOST complete my history minor at KCC which is really cool. Not so much the English major though. Something super cool is that a world diversity elective is required and I thought that most of them looked suuuuuuper boring. However, one of the classes not only counts as WD, but also towards my history minor.

So I revamped my 2 year plan, and now I am taking 2 History credits a semester, some Literature classes, and no "throw away" courses. Why pay for something I don't need? I'm not going to college to take random classes that sound fun. I am going to become a teacher. So below, you see my schedule. Every class is to better my future and goes toward my Bachelors degree in secondary education with English focus and a history minor. Obviously, classes will move around based on availability.

I am so excited to start next semester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment